Our team of Community Assistants are a resource for you, so please feel free to reach out to them whether you have any problems here at The Beacon, need information about campus or community resources, or just need someone to talk to. Each building has their own Community Assistant, but feel free to reach out to any of our CAs if you need anything.
If you are leaving The Beacon after this year, we’ll be sad to see you go! Please come by the office to fill out your notice to vacate so we can have it on file before move-out day comes around. Also, if you want to move out early, just stop by the office to return your keys and fill out a move-out form.
Reminders and Updates
Fines aren’t fun! Please make sure you aren’t leaving trash in the breezeways or you will get fined. Additionally, The Beacon’s furniture is prohibited from going on the balcony, and a fine will be assessed for anyone in violation.
Many residents have asked about guest parking. Guests must have a 2018–2019 Visitor Parking Pass hanging in their car and be parked in a spot labeled as “visitor”. Stop by the office if you would like a visitor parking map.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Water Balloon Fight — July 9 from 2–4 p.m.
Volleyball Tournament — July 13 from 1–3 p.m.
Scavenger Hunt — July 15–21
Birthday Surprise — July 23, All Day
Lunch on Us — July 17 from noon–1 p.m.
DIY Friendship Bracelets — July 26 from 3–5 p.m.
Finals Fuels — July 30 from 8–9:30 p.m.